Chemotherapy clinical nurse specialists
These specially trained and experienced nurses look after patients during their chemotherapy. Patients are encouraged to contact the nurse specialist with any worries or questions regarding treatment. Support is available 24 hours a day.
Breast care nurses
The breast care nurse is a registered nurse who specialises in breast cancer nursing and provides information, support and continuity of care to people with breast cancer and their family throughout their treatment.
The breast care nurse provides the following services as part of the multidisciplinary care team:
- Explains treatment options that have been suggested by the specialist.
- Explains and clarifies pathology results.
- Provides pre and post operative care.
- Provides practical and emotional support to both the patient and their family.
- Provides information about prosthesis and breast reconstruction.
- Provides patients with information about lymphoedema and all aspects of breast cancer care.
- Refers patients to breast cancer support services and other support groups.
For more information click here.